1. Reading, Agreeing and Keeping a Copy. These terms are legally binding.
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your access and use of our mobile application (App),website (Website) and the Services (defined below) on your Device.
Read and check the box to agree. You must read and agree to these Terms, which are a legally binding contract between you and us, before you can use the App, Website and/or access the Services.
By clicking “I Agree”, you confirm (i) that you are the age of majority in the place where you live and (ii) that you have read and agree to these Terms. These Terms take effect on the date that you click “I Agree” on-screen on either the Website or the App, and apply to your use of the App, Website and Services. You cannot use the App and Website or access the Services unless you have read and agreed to these Terms.
Keep a copy of the Terms. You can print or save these Terms using the print or save function in your browser. We will provide a link to these Terms in our App and on our Website.
No changes to other agreements. Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these Terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. All of the terms of your other agreements with us continue to apply.
Please see the definitions section at the end of these Terms for any capitalized words not otherwise defined.
2. Use of the App and Services. What is the App and Services and how do they work?
Under these Terms, the Services means the features, functionality, content and information provided by us via the App and Website and include any services that may be provided by Third Party Service Providers and Third Parties. By choosing to install the App on your Device for the purpose of accessing the Services you consent to the installation of the App and any future updates or upgrades to the App. You may withdraw your consent by deleting the App from your Device. Your use of a Device to access certain of the Services through the App is voluntary. You may access the Services without using the App. If you choose to use your Device to access the Services by installing the App, you warrant that you are the legal owner of your Device.
The Services currently available on the App and Website include:
· One simple dashboard to manage your entire move: complete all your moving-related tasks on the easy-to-use App or Website, and keep track of your progress.
· Update all your information in minutes: MoveSnap identifies your current and future home service and utility providers and quickly guides you on how to transfer or disconnect utilities and home services. You can also find information on how to easily update your address with various businesses and other institutions.
· Trusted, verified moving help: MoveSnap connects you with Third Party moving companies to assist you with your moving experience.
· Easy to use checklists: MoveSnap provides you with easy to use checklists to keep track of all of your moving-related tasks.
· Invite “Helpers”: MoveSnap provides you the ability to invite designated “Helpers” (i.e. friends, family, etc.) to create their own MoveSnap account on the App or Website and be given access to your dashboard to help you with your move.
You understand and agree that when you invite “Helpers” to create an account on the App or Website that they will have access to all of your information that appears on the App or Website (including the ability to edit and delete such information) so that they can assist you with your move.
Some of the Services may be provided in whole or in part by Third Party Service Providers and Third Parties. The Services are currently available in English only, despite any language settings on your Device.
The Services, the App and the Website may not be accessible at all times. In addition, functionality, features content or information may change, and may not always be available.
3. Costs, Fees and Related Charges. Do I have to pay service fees?
There are no fees to access the App, Website or the Services. In the future, we may charge fees as the App, Website or the Services develop. You are responsible for all costs, fees, data plans and related charges associated with your use of Device(s), and they are not reimbursable by us.
4. Communications. How will we contact each other?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you and provide notice electronically, by phone,mail using the information you provide through the App and Website, and/or by push notification on the App.
Communication by Push Notification. You authorize us to send App related push notifications to your Device about the Services provided on the App. You authorize us to send promotional push notifications to your Device in relation to promotions offered by us and any other marketing activities undertaken by us on the App. If you do not wish to be presented with App related or Promotional push notifications you can disable them by visiting the Notification Settings tab on the App on your Device, or by adjusting the settings on your Device. You understand that push notifications are unsecure and not encrypted and can be read by others if you allow them to view your Device. We provide push notifications for convenience and information purposes only.
Communication by Email. Email is our primary method of communication. We will send you electronic correspondence, including notifications, to the email address you provide to us. It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date. You understand that if you do not keep your email address up to date, we may not be able to complete the signup process or otherwise contact you or send you important information and reminders regarding your move.
How to Unsubscribe. If you do not wish to be presented with promotional content by E-mail (i) you may unsubscribe from receiving any such promotional content by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Email you receive from MoveSnap or (ii) you may request that your profile be deleted by contacting us at email@example.com.
Changes to your communication preferences for push notifications or Emailed promotional content will not change how we communicate with you for non-promotional content related to the Services.
5. Termination. How can you or we end these Terms?
Termination by us – Except in Quebec, without prior notice and for any reason, we can (i) suspend or terminate your use of the App, Website and access to the Services, and (ii) terminate part or all of these Terms or the Services. Except in Quebec and where prohibited by statute, we are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may result in such suspension or termination.
In Quebec, notwithstanding the foregoing, we will notify you of any termination of these at least 60 days before the date of the cancellation if you have not defaulted on your obligations under the Terms.
Termination by you – To terminate your use of the App and Website and access to the Services and these Terms, you can contact us using the contact information provided in the “Communication” section of these Terms.
6. Notice and Changes. How will we tell you about any changes?
Notice – Any notice may be given to you through the App or Website or pursuant to the “Communication” section of these Terms.
Changes – We can change (add, remove or alter) any part or feature of the Services without giving you notice. Following any change, these Terms will continue to apply to all parts of the Services. Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we can also change these Terms by giving you notice of the changes, before or after the changes take effect. If you use the App or Website or access the Services after a change to these Terms, or after we have notified you of a change, you are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the new version of these Terms.
In Quebec, notwithstanding the foregoing, we may change any part of these Terms by giving you 30 days’ notice in clear and legible writing. You may refuse such changes by rescinding or cancelling the contract no later than 30 days after the changes come into effect.
7. Instructions. You are responsible for decisions you make when you are signed in.
You will be required to provide Sign-In Credentials to access the Services. You authorize us to accept and you agree to be responsible for any instruction given by you or purported to be given by you using your Sign-In Credentials. Any instruction will have the same legal effect as if it was a written instruction and signed by you.
8. Security. The security of your information depends on you.
You are responsible for keeping your Sign-In Credentials confidential, and you must not disclose them to anyone. We will not be responsible for any losses that may result if you share or lose your Sign-In Credentials. When using the App, Website and accessing the Services, you agree that you will take all steps necessary to ensure that you do not reveal any confidential information to anyone other than us. This includes making sure that other people cannot see your Device screen.
You must also:
· Sign out after each session to prevent anyone else from accessing the App, Website and the Services.
· Not leave your Device unattended while signed in to the App, Website and you must use reasonable steps and precautions to protect your Device against loss or theft;
· Use reasonable security measures which include up-to-date virus scanning software and a firewall system, if such security measures are available for your Device; and
· Comply with any additional security requirements that we may require in connection with the Services.
9. Third Parties and Third Party Service Providers. Other entities help us provide the Services or offer Third Party Services.
We may use Third Parties and Third Party Service Providers to provide or to assist us in providing the Services or Third Party Services, and other than our subsidiaries or affiliates, we do not sponsor or endorse any Third Party and we are not affiliated or associated with any Third Party Service Provider or Third Party.
When using the App or Website and accessing the Services,
· You may use Third Party Service Provider Services solely for your own personal use;
· You may not sell, distribute or otherwise use Third Party Service Provider Services or other information from the App, the Website or the Services, and you may not permit such distribution or use by anyone else; and
· You may not provide or make available any Third Party Service Provider Services to any provider of products or services similar to those products and services provided by the Third Party Service Providers.
Third Party Service Providers retain all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in Third Party Service Provider Services and their trademarks and logos that appear on the App, Website and in the Services. Nothing in these Terms, the App, the Website or the Services should be interpreted as conferring any right for you (i) to use Third Party Service Provider Services in any way other than as expressly permitted in these Terms, or (ii) to use any Third Party Service Provider trademarks or logos.
You agree that we, Third Parties, and Third Party Service Providers may use information and content you provide through the App, the Website and the Services to create, use and distribute statistical, profiling, performance or operational reports about the App, the Website and the Services. These reports may be shared with Third Parties, in which case, the information in the reports will not be attributable to you.
10. Referral Fees. We may receive fees when we refer you to Third Parties.
A referral fee may be paid or received, directly or indirectly, by a Third Party to us when you elect to purchase or obtain products or services from the Third Party. The amount of any referral fee paid or received for referrals will not affect the fees paid or payable, if any, by you to us or to the Third Party.
11. Privacy. Information we collect and how we use it. Privacy. Information we collect and how we use it. Information we collect and how we use it.
Collecting your personal information
We may from time to time collect financial and other information about you such as:
· information establishing your identity (for example, name, address, email address, phone number, etc.);
· information related to transactions arising from your relationship with and through us;
· information you provide on an application for any of our products and services; and
· information for the provision of products and services.
We may collect and confirm this information during the course of our relationship. We may obtain this information from a variety of sources, including from you, from service arrangements you make with or through us, from registries, from references you provide to us and from other sources, as is necessary for the provision of our products and services.
You consent to certain of your information (for example your name, email address, current and/or future address, move date, whether you rent or own your property) being shared with us by the third party (i.e. your realtor, lawyer, etc.) that has invited you to use the Services.
Using your personal information
This information may be used from time to time for the following purposes:
· to verify your identity;
· to open and operate your account(s) and profile on our App and Website and provide you with a customized experience to manage your move-related tasks and decisions, including products and services you may request;
· to determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
· to help us better understand your current and future needs and the current and future needs of our users;
· to communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information that may be helpful to or complimentary to your upcoming move;
· to help us better manage our business and your relationship with us; and
· as required or permitted by law.
For these purposes, we may make this information available to our employees, our agents and Third Party Service Providers, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
In the event our Third Party Service Provider is located outside of Canada, the Third Party Service Provider is bound by, and the information may be disclosed in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Third Party Service Provider is located. Upon your request, we may give this information to other persons.
We may also use this information and share it with RBC companies (i) to manage our risks and operations and those of RBC companies, (ii) to comply with valid requests for information about you from regulators, government agencies, public bodies or other entities who have a right to issue such requests, and (iii) to let RBC companies know your choices under “Other uses of your personal information” for the sole purpose of honoring your choices.
Other uses of your personal information.
· We may use this information to recommend our products and services, and recommend products and services of third parties we select, which may be of interest to you.
· We may also, where not prohibited by law, share this information with RBC companies for the purpose of recommending products and services which may be of interest to you. We and RBC companies may communicate with you through various channels, using the contact information you have provided. You acknowledge that as a result of such sharing RBC companies may advise us of the products or services they provide to you.
· If you also deal with RBC companies, we may, where not prohibited by law, consolidate information you provide to us with information RBC companies have about you to allow us and RBC companies to manage the relationship with you.
You understand that we and RBC companies are separate, affiliated corporations. RBC companies include our affiliates which may be engaged in the business of providing any one or more of the following services to the public: deposits; loans and other personal financial services; credit, charge and payment card services; trust and custodial services; securities and brokerage services; and insurance services.
You may choose not to have your information shared or used for any of these “Other uses” by contacting us as set out below, and in this event, you will not be refused other services just for that reason. We will respect your choices and, as mentioned above, we may share your choices with RBC companies for the sole purpose of honoring your choices regarding “Other uses of your personal information”.
Your right to access your personal information
You may obtain access to the personal information we hold about you at any time and review its content and accuracy, and have it amended as appropriate; however, access may be restricted as permitted or required by law. To request access to such information, to ask questions about our privacy policies or to request that the information not be used for any or all of the purposes outlined in “Other uses of your personal information” you may do so now or at any time in the future by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our privacy policies
12. Compliance and Prohibitions. Appropriate use of the App and Website.
Your use of the App and Website and access to the Services must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws. When using the App or the Website and accessing the Services, you will not:
· Provide untrue, inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself;
· Use the App or Website or access the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, malicious or defamatory activity or purpose;
· Use any robot, spider or other indexing device when using the App or Website or accessing the Services;
· Use any part of the Services to provide internet, service bureau, outsourcing or third-party services or redistribute all or any part of the Services;
· Take steps or actions that could or do undermine the security, integrity, effectiveness, goodwill or connectivity of the App, the Website or the Services (including illegal, fraudulent, malicious, defamatory or other activities that threaten to harm or cause harm to any other person); or
· Reverse engineer or reverse compile the source code for the App, the Website or any of the service technology.
13. Ownership. You can use it, but you can’t keep it.
We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single-user (non-concurrent) license to use the App and Website, in accordance with these Terms. At any time, and at our sole discretion, we may restrict or terminate your ability to access the App and Website, and with notice to you, we may end the terms relating to the App and Website. If these Terms are terminated, you will destroy all copies of the App and Website or of any documentation for it then in your possession. The grant of this license may not be assigned by you unless agreed upon in writing by us.
We retain at all times all ownership rights, including without limitation, copyright, in the App and Website. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transfer copies or reverse engineer the App or Website and not to disclose or distribute the App or Website to Third Parties. We have no obligation to provide any training, maintenance, or other assistance for the App or Website. We are the owner of all intellectual property rights subsisting on each screen made available through the App and Website. Unless otherwise indicated, trademarks and logos, and all works, including texts, images, illustrations, software, HTML codes, audio clips and videos appearing on the Services are our property and without our express written permission, may not be reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, except for personal and non-commercial use, including viewing, printing or archiving of electronic copies of your App and Website activities, in accordance with these Terms and as we may further instruct you. Nothing in these Terms, in the App or on the Website is to be interpreted as conferring a right to use our works, trademarks or logos in any other way.
14. No Representations or Warranties. The App, Website and the Services are provided “as is”.
We are providing you with the App, Website and the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and do not make any representations or provide any warranties concerning them. Without limiting the foregoing, we expressly disclaim all warranties, with respect to the App, Website and/or the Services. We are not responsible for any breach of contract between you and any Third Party.
15. Liabilities and Indemnities. Read this carefully—it limits your right to sue us.
You are solely responsible for all information or content that you give us through the App, the Website, the Services and the Third Party Services.
Except to the extent prohibited by statute, we will not be responsible for any loss, harm, injury, damage, delay or inconvenience suffered or incurred by you with respect to: (i) these Terms, the App, the Website, the Services or the Third Party Services, (ii) any instruction given to, by or purported to be given by you, using your Sign-In Credentials, in connection with the Services or Third Party Services, or (iii) any products or services you obtain or purchase from a Third Party to whom we refer you. Such losses or damages include without limitation (i) direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, (ii) loss of data, profits, information, opportunity, revenues and goodwill, and (iii) any other business interruption, commercial or economic losses. Such limitation of liability applies regardless of the cause of action, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In addition, in no event except to the extent prohibited by statute, even if we are negligent, will we be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you that is caused by:
· The actions of, or any failure to act by a Third Party or Third Party Service Provider (and no such Third Party will be considered to be acting as our agent);
· Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in the Services or Third Party Services or any data given by you to us or any Third Party or Third Party Service Provider, including your failure to update;
· Any delay, error, interruption or failure by us or any Third Party or Third Party Service Provider to perform or fulfill any of our obligations to you due to any cause beyond our control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures;
· Unsecured communication being inaccurate, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others, or not received by you;
· Your access to the Services or Third Party Services, including, without limitation, any delay or inability to access the Services or Third Party Services;
· Your failure to receive or view any communication that has been presented to you, and we will not be responsible for any delay, damage or inconvenience that such failure may cause; or
· Your failure to fulfill any of your obligations under these Terms, including those in the “Security” section of these Terms, or to comply with any instructions we may provide to you from time to time in connection with the App, the Website and the Services.
You will release and indemnify us for any claim, cost and liability incurred as a result of (i) your use of the App or Website or access to the Services and Third Party Services, or (ii) your breach of these Terms.
16. On-Screen Terms. Terms shown on-screen form part of these Terms.
There may be terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers related to the Services, Third Party Services, or Offers displayed on the screens in the App or Website, or when you click on icons or links on the App or Website screens. By using a Service, Third Party Service or Offer, you must access and agree that the terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers apply to your use of or access to the applicable Service, Third Party Service, or Offer in addition to the terms and conditions of any other applicable agreements.
17. Records. Electronic records = paper records.
Our records, including electronic records, including those of any Third Party Service Providers (whether used by them or us), regarding the App, the Website or the Services, including the retrieval, consolidation, organization and presentment of information, are final and conclusive. These records will be admissible in any legal, administrative or other proceedings. Furthermore, electronic data and records will be admissible as conclusive evidence of the contents of those records in the same manner as original paper documents. You waive any right to object to the introduction of any such electronic data or records into evidence.
18. Electronic Agreement. Clicking = signing with a pen on paper.
These Terms and any related terms, conditions, instructions, disclaimers or documents may be accepted in electronic form and your acceptance is binding between you and us. Neither you nor we will contest the validity or enforceability of these Terms and any related documents because they were accepted or signed in electronic form.
19. Assignment and Severability. Contract law stuff.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provisions of these Terms does not mean we have waived any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us, nor trade practice modifies any provision of these Terms. We may assign or transfer these Terms on notice to you. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any of the obligations or rights under these Terms to any other person.
We have the right at all times to assign any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to an RBC company. The Services may then be delivered by the RBC company to whom we assign these Terms.
20. Language. We will talk to each other in French.
You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que cette entente et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (Quebec only / Québec seulement).
21. Governing Law. What law applies?
These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Province or Territory in Canada in which you live and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. If you live outside of Canada, these Terms will be exclusively governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You and we agree that the courts of the jurisdiction specified above shall have exclusive jurisdiction over each of us for the determination of any matter(s) arising out of these Terms.
22. Defined Terms. What does everything mean?
Device means any mobile device, computer or other device you use to access the App, the Website and the Services.
Movesnap means a brand name for RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of RBC.
Offers means any of our offers, rate discounts or promotions or any offers, rate discounts or promotions of a Third Party.
RBC means Royal Bank of Canada.
RBC companies means RBC, its direct and indirect subsidiaries and their successors and assigns.
Services means the Services as defined by the “Services” section of these Terms.
Sign-In Credentials means usernames, passwords, personal verification questions or other information required to access the App, the Website and the Services.
Terms means these terms and conditions.
Third Party means any party other than you, us or a party when acting as a Third Party Service Provider. It includes our subsidiaries and affiliates and parties who provide Third Party Services.
Third Party Services means any products or services provided by a Third Party that can be used or accessed on or through the App, the Website or a Third Party that we refer you to for other products and services.
Third Party Service Provider means a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the App, the Website and the Services.
Third Party Service Provider Services means content and information contained in the Services provided by any Third Party Service Provider.
you and your mean the person who uses a Device to access the Services through the App or Website.